QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
The Quality Control Manager will ensure all materials and projects meet high standards and criteria as defined by Lake Martin Dock Company throughout the lifecycle of each project. The QC manager will be heavily involved in every step of project delivery, managing quality and conducting inspections. The QC manager will communicate cross-functionally within LMDC teams, clients and sub-contractors. The QC Manager will inspect all projects before, during and after construction to ensure compliance with all safety and quality specifications according to regulations and LMDC processes, reporting findings to the PM and senior management as necessary.
The QC manager will support the PM to guarantee all projects are finalized to the contentment of all stakeholders, within the designated budget and timeline. The QC manager will support the PM in coordinating with colleagues across multiple business lines, sub-contractors, customers and other stakeholders as directed by the PM.
The QC manager will support the PM to identify project goals, objectives and scope and create a project plan that outlines the tasks, timelines and resources required. The QC manager will develop tools to track compliance, manage non-compliance, manage risks and issues, monitor progress to ensure that the project stays on track. The QC manager provides feedback to the PM on project success and areas for improvement on future projects and processes.
The QC manager is responsible for exercising a high degree of professionalism while building relationships and working closely with key roles throughout all levels of the company.
- Develop and implement project specific quality control plans.
- Define and communicate acceptable criteria for quality delivery.
- Inspect and evaluate the work area in accordance with plans, specifications, contract drawings, Plan and develop the project idea through cross functional collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders, setting and managing client expectations, developing project plan, defining scope of the plan, understanding project risks and assigning team members and timelines.
- Identify and lead a team capable of exceeding client expectations, ensuring the team’s success through appropriate oversight, guidance, coaching and training.
- Set deadlines and monitor project progress. Create accurate timelines of project completion, ensure task completion within defined timelines, mitigate potential risks and appropriately communicate with the team and customer of changes to project progress/timelines.
- Anticipate issues, solve concerns of the team and customer as they arise and manage scope creep of timelines and budget.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through open lines of communication for updates and feedback.
- Act as the primary point of contact for team members and customers related to issue management and project status.
- Provide project performance and quality metrics to PM and senior management as agreed and requested.
- Conduct retrospective project review to discuss successes and challenges, develop lessons learned and recommend process improvement to the PM.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor or team leader.
- Fluent in English and Spanish to communicate with all team members clearly.
- Supervise deliverables of all team members cross-functionally and provides feedback on performance to direct supervisor.
- Alignment with LMDC core values, ethical ways of working and quality delivery.
- Firm foundation in basics of construction to include, but not limited to, materials used in construction, construction plan implementation and manage a construction project.
- Uncompromised commitment to quality and safety.
- Strong analytical skills to identify and solve complex issues on job site and improve operations to include critical thinking.
- Possess outstanding communications skills, in multiple modalities, and abilities to express themselves clearly to manage the project effectively and customer expectations.
- Excellent in building and maintaining rapport and creating a team environment across all business lines and customers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Appropriately delegate activities to trained team members and oversee their quality delivery of work. Identify and provide training as appropriate.
- Ability to continuously evaluate and prioritize deliverables with a firm grasp of the overall project goals with the PM.
- Ability to plan for, and adapt to, changes in deliverables and timelines and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in guidelines, rules, codes and requirements of governing entities for each project (Alabama Power, HOA, etc.)
- Maintains a high level of organization to manage productivity, overlap and transition of work across stakeholders.
- Competent in Microsoft suite of programs and other required company systems to track and manage work.
- Open to feedback from team, customer and management.
- Ability to work independently to meet delivery requirements as directed.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include some weekends and evenings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Project Manager as requested
- Define and communicate acceptable criteria for quality delivery to team members, including sub-contractors.
- Create and implement an inspection plan (preparation, implementation, follow up), checklists and documents to conduct inspections of each project.
- Ensure subcontractors are aware of all project quality control requirements.
- Verify and document that all materials/equipment for the project are in conformance with approved customer drawings, are handled and stored appropriately are acceptable for use in the project; check for damaged or defective materials and address.
- Stop work; Align with the PM and reject materials and/or equipment; and direct the removal and replacement of any work not in compliance with contract documents, applicable codes, building standards, and/or established principles of construction engineering, or activities which present life-threatening conditions or damage to the site.
- Any other activities as assigned by supervisor or Managing Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years in construction work or fields with similar size and scope
- 1-2 years experience in marine construction
- 2 years of experience as a quality control manager or demonstration of transferrable skills
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Ability to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather
- Comfortable working in, on and around fresh water
- Office based position at 180 Birmingham Rd, Eclectic, AL 36024
- Significant travel around Lake Martin
- Full-time, W-2 based employment with federal and state tax withholdings.