Field Operations – Barge Crew (Deck Hand/Pole Setter)
LMDC’s Barge Crew team is comprised of several roles that work collectively to ensure a quality foundation is laid for every dock we build. The Barge team consist of Deck Hand, Pole Setter and Operator for each Barge. Each roles includes multiple levels based on experience and expertise with everyone working through the structure to ensure a LMDC foundation of knowledge and skill is confirmed. The primary duties involve working on a barge, in a freshwater lake, utilizing excavators and boats for marine construction purposes.
DUTIES, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Individual Contributor:
- Demonstrate LMDC Core Values
- Work collaboratively within the Barge and across all LMDC Teams
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of barge tasks assigned by the Field Operations Lead or supervisor.
- Ensure/support the proper maintenance of equipment associated with barge work.
- Ensures good housekeeping in and around all working areas at LMDC.
- General knowledge of construction and dock drawings.
- Ability to be a backup next level role as needed – Deck Hand to Pole Setter to Operator.
- Operating boat to move the barge as trained and directed.
- Loading barge equipment – poles
Requirements for all LMDC Barge Crew Team members:
- General knowledge of building construction
- General knowledge of dock drawings
- General mechanical experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Alabama Driver’s license
- Alabama boater’s license
- Heavy equipment experience
- Aptitude and attitude to learn new skills
- Strong commitment to a safe, team-oriented culture
- Ability to read a tape and use a level
- Ability to hook up, load and trailer loads
- General knowledge of tying off boats, barges, floating docks
- Assist operator to identify problems with heavy/small equipment and make proper repairs as needed
- Ability to work periodic weekends as requested
- Dependable transportation to get to/from work on time
- Good communication skills – verbal and non-verbal based upon role
- Drug screen required
- Able to work outdoors year-round
- Able to climb ladders
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds
- Comfortable working at heights
- Comfortable working in and around fresh water
WORK HOUR & ENVIRONMENT
- Typical work hours are 6:30am to 3:30pm
- Opportunities for some overtime
- Work is conducted on a barge on/in freshwater lakes year-round
- W-2 based employment with federal and state tax withholdings